What should I know before I try aerobics?

Before you try aerobics it is important to visit your doctor to ensure you are healthy enough for aerobic exercise. In a general physical, your doctor will consider your personal and family history and any current symptoms, and perform a physical exam to determine if your heart is strong enough to endure an aerobic exercise program. If there are any red flags that come up during the exam, additional screening tests may be necessary.

Continue Learning about Cardio

How intense should my aerobic workouts be?
Researchers recommend working out at 55 percent to 90 percent of your maximum heart rate, depending ...
What is aerobic exercise?
Ashley R. Bateman, MDAshley R. Bateman, MD
Aerobic exercise is exercise that gets the heart rate up. Aerobic exercise includes any activity tha...
How much aerobic activity should I do?
Dianne Zwicke, MDDianne Zwicke, MD
Points to remember for aerobic exercise:Your aerobic activity should be in addition to routine activ...
How Can We delay the Onset of Alzheimer’s Disease?