What are the disadvantages of aerobics classes?

Much will depend on the aerobics class. Let’s take step for example. Now I want to apologize to any step instructor out there. I am sure everyone does a great job but let’s break this format down.

Step:

• Constant pounding on your ankles by going up and off the step
  • Result, more pressure on your knees
  • More pressure on your hips
  • More pressure on your lower back

A format such as this will not be overly beneficial to the body. Once a craze, step is slowly fading away from the group exercise world. However, other classes such as Zumba are great forms of aerobic exercise. The twisting and turning may be tough on everything listed above but the impact will be slightly less.

You should try giving these classes a try and who know, you may truly enjoy and your body may respond well. If that occurs, then keep at it!

Continue Learning about Cardio

How Can We delay the Onset of Alzheimer’s Disease?
4 Tips to Maximize Your Cardio Workouts
4 Tips to Maximize Your Cardio Workouts
Transform YOU: Jumping Jacks
Transform YOU: Jumping Jacks
How Mental and Physical Exercise Improve Brain Health