Do 'cardio' exercises help your bones?

Studies show that physical activity such as running, jump roping, and hiking  do help increase bone mineral density. However, if the volume of activity is suddenly increased, the risk of injury increases. As with any exercise, volume and intensity should be gradually increased over time.  This minimizes the risk of injury.

Continue Learning about Cardio

Do I need to do cardio exercises to get great abs?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
A cardio program is absolutely essential in your quest for great abs. Three times a week, perfor...
What is the best aerobic workout?
The best aerobic workout is one that you enjoy but still challenges you. Choose from a variety of ac...
What are the benefits of water aerobics?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An aquatic exercise that has a lot of advantages for aging bodies is water aerobics. The resistance ...
How intense should my aerobic workouts be?
Researchers recommend working out at 55 percent to 90 percent of your maximum heart rate, depending ...