How much cardio exercise should I do if I have a sedentary lifestyle?

If you have a sedentary lifestyle any amount of cardio exercise is beneficial. Most recommendations suggest 30 minutes of moderate intensity exercise 5 or more days per week as the threshold for achieving the most benefit. Before you begin an exercise regimen, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Cardio

Get Your Feet Wet: Health Benefits of Swimming
No stinky sneakers, no sweat-drenched T-shirts. If that isn't enough to get you to a pool long after summer has passed—doing laps, water aerobics, or ...
What are the disadvantages of aerobics classes?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
One drawback of an aerobics class is that you have to live or work near a facility that offers one, ...
What is the best aerobic workout?
The best aerobic workout is one that you enjoy but still challenges you. Choose from a variety of ac...
Can aerobic exercise increase the size of my brain?
Anthony CirilloAnthony Cirillo
Aerobic exercise can increase the size of the aging brain's hippocampus, the part that houses memory...