Can aerobic exercise benefit my brain?

Aerobic exercise can increase brain size. Scientists showed that adults ages 55-80 who engaged in a single year of aerobic exercise increased the size of their brains in the area of the hippocampus, the area of the brain that's crucial for memory and spatial navigation. The study was published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 

Continue Learning about Cardio

Get Your Feet Wet: Health Benefits of Swimming
No stinky sneakers, no sweat-drenched T-shirts. If that isn't enough to get you to a pool long after summer has passed—doing laps, water aerobics, or ...
Are there aerobic or cardio exercises I can do that are not so complicated?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Plenty of exercise can be completed that are not complicated and will be cardio based.  Essentially ...
How many calories do I burn per hour during aerobic exercise?
The amount of calories burned during aerobic exercise varies from person to person based on the inte...
How Can We delay the Onset of Alzheimer’s Disease?