Often times the mechanism or reason for side effects is not known. When a side effect is reported to the manufacturer or FDA, it gets listed in the literature that is provided with the medication. Unfortunately, some side effects of metoprolol cannot be eliminated or avoided. The good news is that the hair loss can be reversible, so if your doctor thinks you would benefit from another medication, perhaps he/she can switch you.
- Q Does everyone using Metoprolol experience weight gain?
- Q How should I take metoprolol?
- Q What are the side effects of metoprolol?
- Q Does metoprolol cause constipation?
- Q Can metoprolol be taken with a glass of wine?
- Q Is there a generic version of metoprolol?