Based on information from iGuard.org, a free medication monitoring service, 40% of patients experience side effects while taking Propafenone (Rythmol). Some of the side effects reported by iGuard members include: Dryness, Altered Taste/Smell, Fatigue, Weight Gain, Headache, Dizziness, Hair Loss, Liver Problems, Itch/Rash, Tinnitus, Weakness, Palpitations, Mouth Sores, Numbness/Tingling, Constipation, Vivid Dreams, Breathlessness, Restlessness, Memory/Speech Problems, Vision Changes, and Bruising. Please follow up with your doctor or other healthcare provider if you are experiencing any symptoms that worsen or do not go away.
- Q What should I know before taking propafenone?
- Q How does propafenone work to treat abnormal heart rhythms?
- Q If I have liver disease, will this affect my ability to take propafenone?
- Q Can I still take propafenone if I have heart failure?
- Q Can I take propafenone if I am pregnant?
- Q Is taking the maximum dosage of propafenone harmful?