While taking Simvastatin, you should avoid drinking large quantities of alcoholic beverages because they have a tendency to increase the triglyceride levels in your blood. This can lead to a greater risk of damage to your liver. You should also avoid eating grapefruit and drinking grapefruit juice. Both forms of the grapefruit can cause a life-threatening interaction when combined with simvastatin. Because this medication works to lower LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood, you should also avoid eating foods that are high in cholesterol and fat.
- Q What is Simvastatin?
- Q Do muscle aches occur even after stopping simvastatin?
- Q Are there any risks in taking simvastatin?
- Q Is muscle pain a side effect of Simvastatin?
- Q Can tendonitis occur due to the use of simvastatin?
- Q Are nightmares a common side effect of Simvastatin?