Atenolol is a beta-blocker, which can be taken as an injection, intravenously, or as a pill. It can be taken alone or in conjunction with another medication, such as a diuretic, to treat or prevent high blood pressure, chest pain, and heart attacks. Atenolol is sold under its own name, but is also the active ingredient in the brand name medication Tenormin.
- Q How does atenolol treat angina (chest pain)?
- Q How does atenolol treat heart attacks?
- Q How does atenolol treat high blood pressure?
- Q What side effects does Atenolol (Tenormin) cause?
- Q What should I know about atenolol before using it?
- Q Who should not take atenolol tablets?