Atenolol is a beta-blocker, which can be taken as an injection, intravenously, or as a pill. It can be taken alone or in conjunction with another medication, such as a diuretic, to treat or prevent high blood pressure, chest pain, and heart attacks. Atenolol is sold under its own name, but is also the active ingredient in the brand name medication Tenormin.
- Q What should I know about atenolol before using it?
- Q How does atenolol interact with other medications or foods?
- Q Is higher dose of Atenolol generic required to control blood pressure?
- Q Does atenolol cause an increase in blood pressure?
- Q Are there any risks associated with taking atenolol?
- Q Are there any side effects of taking Atenolol and Paxil togethe?