Atenolol is a beta-blocker, which can be taken as an injection, intravenously, or as a pill. It can be taken alone or in conjunction with another medication, such as a diuretic, to treat or prevent high blood pressure, chest pain, and heart attacks. Atenolol is sold under its own name, but is also the active ingredient in the brand name medication Tenormin.
- Q Is atenolol different from metoprolol?
- Q Who should not take Atenolol?
- Q What side effects does Atenolol (Tenormin) cause?
- Q How does atenolol treat heart attacks?
- Q How does Atenolol affect lungs and bronchial function ?
- Q Are there any risks associated with taking atenolol?