Nitroglycerin patches are designed to provide continuous controlled release of nitroglycerin through the skin and are used for the prevention of angina (chest pain) due to coronary artery disease. The nitroglycerin tablets are used as needed to stop a sudden attack of chest pain. You should take these medications exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you have any questions or concerns about how to take these medications, please follow up with your doctor.
- Q How can I best manage side effects of taking nitroglycerin?
- Q What should I know about nitroglycerin lingual spray before taking it?
- Q What are the side effects of nitroglycerin?
- Q How soon after taking nitroglycerin will my symptoms improve?
- Q Who should not take nitroglycerin lingual spray?
- Q How can I tell if I have taken too much nitroglycerin?