Nitroglycerin patches are designed to provide continuous controlled release of nitroglycerin through the skin and are used for the prevention of angina (chest pain) due to coronary artery disease. The nitroglycerin tablets are used as needed to stop a sudden attack of chest pain. You should take these medications exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you have any questions or concerns about how to take these medications, please follow up with your doctor.
- Q How soon after taking nitroglycerin will my symptoms improve?
- Q How does nitroglycerin treat angina?
- Q If I have heart attack symptoms, should I take nitroglycerin?
- Q What are the side effects of nitroglycerin?
- Q Who should not use nitroglycerin lingual aerosol?
- Q How should I take nitroglycerin?