Nitroglycerin patches are designed to provide continuous controlled release of nitroglycerin through the skin and are used for the prevention of angina (chest pain) due to coronary artery disease. The nitroglycerin tablets are used as needed to stop a sudden attack of chest pain. You should take these medications exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you have any questions or concerns about how to take these medications, please follow up with your doctor.
- Q What should I avoid while taking nitroglycerin?
- Q What should I know about nitroglycerin lingual spray before taking it?
- Q How does nitroglycerin treat high blood pressure?
- Q Does nitroglycerin lingual spray interact with other medications?
- Q Is there a generic version of nitroglycerin?
- Q Does nitroglycerin lingual aerosol interact with other drugs?