Nitroglycerin patches are designed to provide continuous controlled release of nitroglycerin through the skin and are used for the prevention of angina (chest pain) due to coronary artery disease. The nitroglycerin tablets are used as needed to stop a sudden attack of chest pain. You should take these medications exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you have any questions or concerns about how to take these medications, please follow up with your doctor.
- Q What should I know about nitroglycerin before taking it?
- Q What are the side effects of nitroglycerin?
- Q What should I know about nitroglycerin lingual aerosol before using it?
- Q Who should take nitroglycerin?
- Q How can I best manage side effects of taking nitroglycerin?
- Q What should I avoid while taking nitroglycerin?