High blood pressure, or hypertension, means that the heart is pumping blood through the veins with too much force. Metoprolol works by relaxing blood vessels and slowing heart rate to improve blood flow and decrease blood pressure. Metoprolol succinate does not cure high blood pressure but treats the symptoms.
- Q Who should take metoprolol succinate?
- Q What should I avoid while taking metoprolol succinate?
- Q Are there any risks in taking metoprolol succinate?
- Q How soon after taking metoprolol succinate will my symptoms improve?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of metoprolol succinate?
- Q What should I know about metoprolol succinate before taking it?