High blood pressure, or hypertension, means that the heart is pumping blood through the veins with too much force. Metoprolol works by relaxing blood vessels and slowing heart rate to improve blood flow and decrease blood pressure. Metoprolol succinate does not cure high blood pressure but treats the symptoms.
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of metoprolol succinate?
- Q How should I take metoprolol succinate?
- Q How soon after taking metoprolol succinate will my symptoms improve?
- Q Who should take metoprolol succinate?
- Q How does metoprolol succinate treat angina?
- Q Is there a generic version of metoprolol succinate?