High blood pressure, or hypertension, means that the heart is pumping blood through the veins with too much force. Metoprolol works by relaxing blood vessels and slowing heart rate to improve blood flow and decrease blood pressure. Metoprolol succinate does not cure high blood pressure but treats the symptoms.
- Q Who should take metoprolol succinate?
- Q What should I avoid while taking metoprolol succinate?
- Q How does metoprolol succinate treat angina?
- Q Is there a generic version of metoprolol succinate?
- Q What should I know about metoprolol succinate before taking it?
- Q What are the side effects associated with taking metoprolol succinate?