High blood pressure, or hypertension, means that the heart is pumping blood through the veins with too much force. Metoprolol works by relaxing blood vessels and slowing heart rate to improve blood flow and decrease blood pressure. Metoprolol succinate does not cure high blood pressure but treats the symptoms.
- Q Are there any risks in taking metoprolol succinate?
- Q How does metoprolol succinate treat angina?
- Q What are the side effects associated with taking metoprolol succinate?
- Q What is metoprolol succinate?
- Q How should I take metoprolol succinate?
- Q What should I know about metoprolol succinate before taking it?