All of these drugs are in the same class, they are statins. Lipitor's generic name, atorvastatin, sounds more like pravastatin and simvastatin. Some patients do better taking one drug versus another, even if they are in the same class. All of these drugs work to lower cholesterol.
- Q Does Lipitor cause type 1 diabetes?
- Q What should I avoid while taking Lipitor (atorvastatin)?
- Q How should I take Lipitor (atorvastatin)?
- Q Is drowsiness a side effect of Lipitor?
- Q Can I stop taking Lipitor if I don't have cholesterol problem?
- Q What side effects does Atorvastatin (Lipitor) cause?