All of these drugs are in the same class, they are statins. Lipitor's generic name, atorvastatin, sounds more like pravastatin and simvastatin. Some patients do better taking one drug versus another, even if they are in the same class. All of these drugs work to lower cholesterol.
- Q Does Lipitor taken along with synthroid affect thyroid function?
- Q Does Lipitor affect the liver?
- Q What is Lipitor (atorvastatin)?
- Q How should I take Lipitor (atorvastatin)?
- Q What should I avoid while taking Lipitor (atorvastatin)?
- Q Are muscle pain and leg cramping side effects of Lipitor?