All of these drugs are in the same class, they are statins. Lipitor's generic name, atorvastatin, sounds more like pravastatin and simvastatin. Some patients do better taking one drug versus another, even if they are in the same class. All of these drugs work to lower cholesterol.
- Q Are muscle pain and leg cramping side effects of Lipitor?
- Q Are there any risks in taking Lipitor (atorvastatin)?
- Q Is drowsiness a side effect of Lipitor?
- Q What are the side effects of Lipitor (atorvastatin)?
- Q How does Lipitor (atorvastatin) interact with other medications or foods?
- Q What are the common side effects of Lipitor?