High blood pressure (hypertension) happens when your blood has a hard time getting through the body, usually because of narrowed arteries. Nitroglycerin is a vasodilator. This means it widens the arteries so your blood can more freely move through them, your heart does not have to work so hard, and this lowers your blood pressure.
- Q What guidelines should I follow when taking nitroglycerin pills?
- Q What should I know about nitroglycerin lingual spray before taking it?
- Q Does nitroglycerin lingual spray interact with other medications?
- Q What are the side effects of nitroglycerin lingual spray?
- Q Who should not use nitroglycerin lingual aerosol?
- Q Does nitroglycerin lingual aerosol interact with other drugs?