High blood pressure (hypertension) happens when your blood has a hard time getting through the body, usually because of narrowed arteries. Nitroglycerin is a vasodilator. This means it widens the arteries so your blood can more freely move through them, your heart does not have to work so hard, and this lowers your blood pressure.
- Q What should I know about nitroglycerin before taking it?
- Q What should I avoid while taking nitroglycerin?
- Q What are the side effects of nitroglycerin lingual spray?
- Q Is is safe to use nitro patches along with nitro tablets?
- Q What are the side effects of nitroglycerin?
- Q How should I take nitroglycerin?