Prazosin works by blocking alpha-adrenergic receptors in the cells that make up blood vessel walls. When these receptors are blocked, the blood vessels dilate, or become more open. When the blood vessels in your body are more dilated, the pressure within them becomes lower.
- Q What should I know about prazosin before taking it?
- Q Is prazosin-polythiazide-polythiazide available?
- Q How does prazosin interact with other medicines?
- Q How many times a day will I take prazosin?
- Q What is prazosin?
- Q What should I know about prazosin-polythiazide before taking it?