Colestipol (Colestid) works to lower cholesterol by helping to remove bile acids from the blood. Bile acids circulate in the bloodstream after cholesterol is broken down naturally by your body. These can build up on the inside of blood vessels, causing atherosclerosis, and later possibly a clot, heart attack or stroke.
- Q What if I miss a dose of colestipol (Colestid)?
- Q What are the side effects of colestipol (Colestid)?
- Q What should I know about colestipol before taking it?
- Q What is colestipol?
- Q Can colestipol (Colestid) be overdosed?
- Q How should colestipol (Colestid) be stored?