Carvedilol is used very often for specific cases of congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, and treatment after a heart attack. Carvedilol is a beta blocker used to treat, but not cure, congestive heart failure. Beta blockers lessen the work that the heart has to do and, by doing so, help maintain a regular heartbeat. In this way, carvedilol helps to lessen the progression and symptoms of congestive heart failure.
- Q What should I know about carvedilol ER before taking it?
- Q Is there a generic version of carvedilol?
- Q How does carvedilol treat high blood pressure?
- Q Are there any risks associated with taking carvedilol?
- Q How does carvedilol ER react with other medications or food?
- Q What is carvedilol ER (extended release)?