Is a platelet function test safe?

Having blood drawn by a qualified medical professional for a platelet function test is very safe. You will experience momentary pain when the needle is inserted, and you may experience bruising at the needle insertion site after the test is complete. If you have an allergy to latex or to any adhesives, let the person know who is drawing the blood so he or she can make any necessary adjustments.

Continue Learning about Cardiovascular Diagnostic Techniques & Procedures

How is coronary arteriography performed?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
In coronary arteriography (also called coronary angiography), the cardiologist inserts the cathe...
What is an EP or electrophysiology study?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Heart rhythm problems often come and go in an unpredictable way. Sometimes it is difficult for docto...
How active should I be after thoracic surgery?
Dr. Daniel P. O'Hair, MDDr. Daniel P. O'Hair, MD
After thoracic surgery, stay active. Walk frequently. You will become fatigued easily at first but w...
Why would I need an at-home cardiovascular test?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Have you ever made an appointment with your physician only to find that once you are in the offi...