Why do people eat so many carbohydrates?

Pierre Dukan
Carbohydrates so energy-rich and easily available and they have such a pleasant taste that they are often used as comfort foods. And, as for sweet foods, some people snack on them compulsively. Our affinity for sweet tastes is in part innate, but most psychologists agree that lengthy conditioning starting in childhood makes sweet flavors gratifying as they are associated with rewards. Finally, carbohydrates are almost always the cheapest foods available, which is why they are served at everyone’s table, from the richest to the poorest.
The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever

Devised by Dr. Pierre Dukan, a French medical doctor who has spent his career helping people to lose weight, the Dukan Diet rejects counting calories and promises permanent weight loss while allowing...

Continue Learning about Carbohydrates

Best Belly-Fat Buster
Best Belly-Fat Buster
Which should you cut back on first if you want to trim belly fat—carbs or fat? You might think that dietary fat goes straight to your middle, but res...
How do I get worthy calories by eating complex carbohydrates?
Does the body care if glucose comes from simple carbs versus complex carbs? Technically, no! The ...
Can I exchange bread carbohydrates for veggie carbohydrates?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
Yes, a carbohydrate is a carbohydrate. The key is to exchange for the equal carbohydrate content. Yo...
What Should I Do When Eating Carbohydrates to Avoid Gaining Weight?