Why should I eat complex carbohydrates if I want to lose weight?

Toby Smithson

Complex carbohydrates will help you feel fuller for longer because they are absorbed slower in the blood stream. This is helpful with satiety levels, so you are not hungry as quickly as you may be if you chose simple carbohydrates. Simple carbohydrates are sugar, syrup, honey, jelly, sweetened beverages, and sports or energy drinks. Complex carbohydrates include whole grain breads, cereals, and grains, beans, and fruits. Calories from complex carbs versus simple carbs are equivalent but the slower absorption of complex carbs is key to the managing your weight equation.

Continue Learning about Carbohydrates and Weight Loss

4 steps to stop sugar cravings
4 steps to stop sugar cravings
What Is the Difference Between a Good Carbohydrate and a Bad Carbohydrate?
Why Do I Crave Carbs When I'm Stressed?
Why Do I Crave Carbs When I'm Stressed?
When Should I Eat Carbs If I Want to Lose Weight?