If I am carbohydrate counting, how much non-starchy vegetables can I eat?

Jennifer Shaw

Non-starchy vegetables (such as broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, asparagus, and a multitude of others) have very limited amounts of carbohydrate, so there's really no limit to how much you can eat. Generally you want to try to get in at least 3-5 servings per day, since they help to round out meals and keep you satisfied once you've reached the amount of carb you're allowed for the meal.

Continue Learning about Carbohydrates and Weight Loss

Slim Down with This Smart Approach to Carbs
Which starchy, satisfying food can you keep on the menu even when you're trying to lose weight? Potatoes. Researchers tested this very theory in a st...
What is one reason that a high-carb diet makes me overeat and gain weight?
Karen GrahamKaren Graham
There are a few reasons why a high carb diet causes weight gain. One reason is insulin. When you eat...
How should I choose healthy carbohydrates for my diet?
Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAcMaoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
There are many ways to include healthy carbohydrates in your diet. Choose minimally processed, whole...
Why Do I Crave Carbs When I'm Stressed?
Why Do I Crave Carbs When I'm Stressed?