What is the role of carbohydrates in the body?

Manuel Villacorta
Carbohydrates include grains and starches (G&S), fruits, non-starchy vegetables (NSV), and milk and milk substitutes. Carbohydrates are the macronutrients our bodies need in the largest quantity. They are the body's main food source and regulate proper functioning of the central nervous system, kidneys, brain, red blood cells, and muscles. They control energy storage in the liver and muscles as well as intestinal health and elimination.
Eating Free: The Carb-Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good

Eating Free reveals why the prevailing wisdom on weight loss--low-calorie, no carbs, high-intensity exercise--sharply clashes with the facts of human biology and human nature, setting dieters up for...

Continue Learning about Carbohydrates and Health

Why Should I Avoid Eating Refined Carbohydrates?
What's the Difference Between Refined Carbohydrates and Slow Sugars?
How Does the Body Use Carbohydrates?
How Does the Body Use Carbohydrates?