What is the survival rate for cancer?

Based upon cancer survival statistics, about 65 percent of all patients newly diagnosed with cancer are likely to be alive and clinically cancer-free five years later and 40 percent for 10 years or more. Unfortunately, many cancer survivors are at increased risk of developing new or recurrent cancers. Finding ways to reduce the risk for cancer in the future is important, especially if you have already had cancer.

Continue Learning about Cancer

Caregiver Corner: 5 Ways to Help a Friend With Cancer
It's natural to feel a range of emotions when someone you care about has cancer—sad, frightened, guilty, helpless, angry. Even if you are not the pers...
If I Do Not Have Medical Insurance, What Problems Can I Face?
What Are the Top Biomedical Research Priorities at the NIH?
What Is Cancer Immunotherapy?
What Is Cancer Immunotherapy?