What is adenosarcoma?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Adenosarcoma is a tumor that is a mixture of an adenoma (a tumor that starts in the gland-like cells of epithelial tissue) and a sarcoma (a tumor that starts in bone, cartilage, fat, muscle, blood vessels, or other connective or supportive tissue). An example of an adenosarcoma is Wilms tumor.

This answer is based on source information from The National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Cancer

What does benign mean?
Benign, also called non malignant means not cancerous. Benign tumors may grow larger but do not spre...
How can I learn more about cancer clusters in my area?
To learn more about cancer clusters in your community and to protect you and your loved ones, follow...
When Is Cancer Considered a Chronic Illness?
Can Fibroids Turn Into Cancer?
Can Fibroids Turn Into Cancer?