What is a second cancer?

Second cancer is a different type of cancer following a diagnosis of an initial cancer. Occasionally, second cancers are caused by radiation or chemotherapy for treatment of the initial cancer. Some people, on the other hand, are more prone to cancer and may develop multiple forms of cancer due to environmental risks, a history of tobacco and smoking or genetic predisposition.

Continue Learning about Cancer

The Diet Defense Against Cancer
The Diet Defense Against Cancer
A good defense is essential when it comes to your health, and a new study published in JNCI Cancer Spectrum lays out just what you can do to defend yo...
Where Are We in the Fight Against Heart Disease and Cancer?
Can My Mind Help Me Fight Cancer?
Can My Mind Help Me Fight Cancer?
Does Switching to a Low Calorie to a Diet Reduce Tumor Growth in Cancer Patients?