What does malignant mean?

John A. Chabot
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Malignant is a term is most frequently used in describing cancerous growths. A malignant tumor is not self-limiting in its growth and can invade adjacent tissues or potentially spread to distant tissues (metastasize).

Continue Learning about Cancer

Healthy Eating Tips That May Help Lower Your Cancer Risk
Are there cancer-causing foods hiding in your diet? From artificial colors, to processed sugars, to excess fat, the average meal plan may be riddled w...
What is primary cancer?
Cancer can begin in any organ or tissue of the body. The original tumor is called the primary cancer...
8 Ways to Enjoy Eating During Chemo
8 Ways to Enjoy Eating During Chemo8 Ways to Enjoy Eating During Chemo8 Ways to Enjoy Eating During Chemo8 Ways to Enjoy Eating During Chemo
Cancer treatment can make mealtime tough, but these expert-approved tips can help.
Can My Mind Help Me Fight Cancer?
Can My Mind Help Me Fight Cancer?