Why may my doctor want me to get a second opinion during cancer treatment?

Sometimes a member of the health care team might suggest getting a second opinion. You could be directed to another provider that may be better able to answer certain types of questions or meet specific needs. If this happens to you, it does not mean that your health care provider does not care about you or your situation. It usually means that they want to make certain that you get the best possible answer from a professional who specializes in that area.

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

Welcome to the Gene Editing Revolution
Welcome to the Gene Editing Revolution
It sounds like science fiction: Snip out a bad gene, insert a good one, and stop cancer in its tracks. But this fall, a British baby named Layla Richa...
How can I prevent nausea and vomiting during cancer treatment?
Carolyn Lammersfeld, MSCarolyn Lammersfeld, MS
Many anti-nausea medications are now available that can prevent nausea & vomiting. These medications...
How can I prevent blood from clotting in my central venous catheter?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
A central venous catheter (a soft, flexible tube that is placed into one of the main vessels leading...
How Active Can I Safely Be While Undergoing Cancer Treatment?