What is a surgical oncologist?

Surgical oncologists are surgeons who specialize in the surgical management of specific types of cancer. Surgical oncologists have an advanced level of expertise to treat many different types of cancer, including:
  • Bone
  • Bladder
  • Brain
  • Breast
  • Colorectal
  • Endocrine
  • Gastrointestinal
  • Gynecologic
  • Kidney
  • Liver
  • Lung
  • Melanoma (skin)
  • Musculoskeletal
  • Bone
  • Soft tissue
  • Pancreatic
  • Prostate
  • Soft tissue
  • Spine
  • Testicular

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

Why Remission Doesn’t Mean Treatment Is Over
Despite huge advances in treatment protocols in recent years, multiple myeloma remains, unfortunately, an incurable disease. What does that mean for p...
What is radioactive iodine therapy?
James Lee, MDJames Lee, MD
The thyroid uses iodine from the diet to make thyroid hormone and is one of the few organs that will...
How should I manage and balance my work and life during cancer treatment?
Good In BedGood In Bed
It was tough enough when you were balancing work and life. Now that you have cancer, your health...
Where Has the Most Progress Been Made in Cancer Treatment?