What are the benefits of a good diet during cancer treatment?

A good diet can help you do better during cancer treatment. People who eat well and drink lots of fluids can deal with cancer treatment side effects better and are better able to fight infection. In addition, their bodies can rebuild healthy tissues faster.

Even when you know it's important to eat well, there may be days when you feel you just can't. Cancer generally decreases appetite. Chemotherapy also affects your appetite because it affects how your food tastes. Still, you must eat as much as you can while you are having treatment for cancer.
A good diet during cancer treatment is an important part of fighting the disease. The immune system works to help  get rid of the abnormal cancer cells, and the immune system works better when a person is fit. This includes being in good shape, decreasing stress and having good sleep habits and good nutrition. 

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

4 Approaches for Treating Metastatic Breast Cancer
Also called MBC, metastatic breast cancer is cancer that initially began in the breasts, but has metastasized, meaning it has spread to other areas of...
What activities can I do if I have an implanted port for cancer treatment?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
Since an implanted port (a small device that is inserted through the chest into a large blood vessel...
How should I communicate with my partner during cancer treatment?
Good In BedGood In Bed
If you're struggling with the psychological fallout from your experiences with cancer, make the ...
What Are the Latest Advances in Cancer Treatment?