What are the benefits of using the da Vinci system when treating cancer?

For eligible patients, the da Vinci surgical system can offer numerous benefits over traditional open surgery, including:
  • Shorter hospital stay
  • Less pain
  • Faster recovery
  • Quicker return to normal activities
  • Less blood loss and less risk of infection
Because the da Vinci system requires only a few tiny incisions and offers greater vision, precision and control for the surgeon, men with prostate cancer can often recover sooner, move on to additional treatments if needed and get back to life quicker.

Other potential benefits of the da Vinci system for men with prostate cancer include:
  • Reduced pain
  • Lower risk of infection or complications
  • Less blood loss (fewer transfusions)
  • Shorter hospital stays
  • Less scarring
  • Faster return to normal activities

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

Best Foods for Multiple Myeloma Treatment
Eating well is important when you’re being treated multiple myeloma. In this video, Darria Long Gillespie, the SVP of Clinical Strategy at Sharecare, ...
What are possible advantages to proton therapy for cancer?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
There are several possible advantages to proton therapy used to treat cancer, including: same tu...
How will an ostomy affect my sex life?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
There may be feelings of embarrassment because of an ostomy. Some survivors fear rejection from a pa...
What's the Role of My Primary Care Doctor After Cancer Treatment?