What activities can I do if I have an implanted port for cancer treatment?

Since an implanted port (a small device that is inserted through the chest into a large blood vessel near the heart) is entirely under the skin, most normal activities, including swimming and bathing, are permitted once the incision has healed completely. Talk to your doctor or nurse about activities that include repeated big arm movements.

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

Surprising Treatment for C. diff and Chemo
Tomatoes were once considered poisonous -- even in Italy! -- and early pioneers were convinced that bathing was an open invitation to catching a deadl...
What are the long-term side effects of cancer treatment?
Los Robles Hospital & Medical CenterLos Robles Hospital & Medical Center
The long-term effects of cancer treatment depends on the type of treatment the patient is taking. In...
When should I change the dressing for my central venous catheter?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
A central venous catheter is a soft, flexible tube that is placed into one of the main vessels l...
How Much Control Do You Have Over Your Risk of Cancer?