What can I find in my supermarket’s beverage aisle to help fight cancer?

There are several beneficial beverages to help in the fight against cancer.  The goal is to consume a minimun of six 8oz glasses a day of filtered water in addition to any other beverage consumed.
Beneficial beverages include:
  • Filtered water- Don't like to drink water? Try adding fresh fruit, vegetables, and herbs to a pitcher of water daily for added flavor and cancer-fighting properties.  Examples are adding fresh cucumber and mint leaves to your water, or sliced lemon, lime, or oranges for added vitamin C. 
  • Tea- Green tea, black tea, and herbal teas all have beneficial properties.  Green tea has a large amount of research supporting its use in fighting cancer. 

Here are some beverage aisle picks that can prevent cancer:

• Orange juice. This favorite breakfast beverage is a powerful source of folate which has been linked to lowered risk for GI and pancreatic cancer.
  • Green tea. One of Dr. Oz's favorite drinks, green tea is lower in caffeine than coffee and can help prevent prostate cancer and possibly bladder cancer.
  • Pomegranate juice is extremely antioxidant-rich and helps prevent colon and prostate cancer.
  • Soy milk. Also made from soy beans, soy milk works the same way as edamame to fight cancer.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

Welcome to the Gene Editing Revolution
Welcome to the Gene Editing Revolution
It sounds like science fiction: Snip out a bad gene, insert a good one, and stop cancer in its tracks. But this fall, a British baby named Layla Richa...
How has cancer treatment evolved over the years?
Kord T. Strebel, MDKord T. Strebel, MD
Site-specific treatments for cancer are important advances, says Kord Strebel, MD, an OB/GYN at Sunr...
What should I do when seeing a new doctor after cancer treatment?
Mark A. O'Rourke, MDMark A. O'Rourke, MD
When seeing a new doctor after cancer treatment, it will be helpful for the new doctor to have infor...
Has Progress Been Made in the War on Cancer?