How much can I expect my cancer treatment to cost?

After your diagnosis, your doctor will give you a treatment plan. For example, you will do a certain number of rounds of chemotherapy or a certain number of weeks of radiation. Before your cancer treatment begins, take this plan to the hospital billing department. You'll be able to get an estimate of what your prescribed treatment plan will cost. The more information you get, the better you can prepare.

Ask the billing department if there are any ways you might be able to save money. Many healthcare providers will give you a discount if you pay in full. If that's not possible, ask if you can set up a payment plan where you pay a certain amount each month towards your bill. You will need to change your current budget to include costs related to your cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

Is Cancer Finally on the Ropes?
Is Cancer Finally on the Ropes?
When it comes to defeating cancer, the numbers are improving, but we have a way to go: In 1990, 33.3 people out of every 100,000 in the US populati...
How is a Mahurkar catheter for cancer treatment removed?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
Removing a Mahurkar catheter is a painless procedure. The catheter is usually stitched in place. The...
What should I do if I have nausea from cancer treatment?
If you have nausea from chemotherapy for cancer, there are several anti-nausea medications that can ...
How Much Control Do You Have Over Your Risk of Cancer?