How long will I be monitored after stem cell reinfusion to treat cancer?

For at least 100 days after the stem cell reinfusion, patients will be closely monitored with frequent blood draws until blood counts stabilize, x-rays, and weekly doctor appointments. Some patients may require additional blood transfusions and medications. Radiation therapy may be a part of some patients' anti-cancer treatment. When this follow-up period is over, patients return to their own doctors who will continue to monitor their progress.

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

Aspirin and the Reduction of Cancer-Related Deaths
These days aspirin is made in a lab, but extracts from the bark of the willow tree were used to treat pain in Egypt as long ago as 3000 B.C. In 400 B....
How can cancer treatment sometimes cause second cancers?
Simeon Jaggernauth, DOSimeon Jaggernauth, DO
Some of the medications used to treat cancer are nonspecific in their activity. That is they have a ...
Why would I need an ostomy after cancer treatments?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Most ostomies for cancer survivors are done during the first stages of surgical treatment to rem...
How Has Cancer Treatment Evolved Over the Years?