How can a health insurance case manager help me if I have cancer?

Most health insurance plans have the option for people with cancer to be assigned a case manager, so be sure to ask for this service. This person will be able to answer all your questions. If your health insurance company does not have a case manager service, ask to speak to the same representative each time you call. If your health insurance is through your employer, someone in human resources will be able to answer questions about your coverage for cancer treatment.

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

Is Cancer Finally on the Ropes?
Is Cancer Finally on the Ropes?
When it comes to defeating cancer, the numbers are improving, but we have a way to go: In 1990, 33.3 people out of every 100,000 in the US populati...
What is an antimicrotubule agent?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
An antimicrotubule agent is a type of drug that blocks cell growth by stopping mitosis (cell divisio...
How does cancer treatment affect oral health?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
An estimated 400,000 of the 1.2 million Americans diagnosed with cancer each year may develop pa...
Are There Supplements That Can Help Treat Cancer?