How can a health insurance case manager help me if I have cancer?

Most health insurance plans have the option for people with cancer to be assigned a case manager, so be sure to ask for this service. This person will be able to answer all your questions. If your health insurance company does not have a case manager service, ask to speak to the same representative each time you call. If your health insurance is through your employer, someone in human resources will be able to answer questions about your coverage for cancer treatment.

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

4 Approaches for Treating Metastatic Breast Cancer
Also called MBC, metastatic breast cancer is cancer that initially began in the breasts, but has metastasized, meaning it has spread to other areas of...
Can venom from a scorpion be used to treat cancer?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Researchers at the Transmolecular Corporation, based in Cambridge, Mass., have isolated venom that m...
What is targeted therapy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Targeted therapy is the use of a drug created to precisely target and stop cancer cells. The drugs u...
What's the Role of My Primary Care Doctor After Cancer Treatment?