How is genetic testing used in cancer treatment?

Some cancers have a genetic component, and genetic testing helps identify a patient's odds of developing the disease.

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

Is Cancer Finally on the Ropes?
Is Cancer Finally on the Ropes?
When it comes to defeating cancer, the numbers are improving, but we have a way to go: In 1990, 33.3 people out of every 100,000 in the US populati...
If I am undergoing cancer treatment, why should I take frequent walks?
Cancer increases your likelihood of clotting, and walking helps decrease the chance that you'll deve...
What are treatments for cancer in children?
The treatments for cancer in children depend on the specific cancer that has been diagnosed, as well...
Should People with Cancer Try Alternative Therapies?