Can I take vitamins and supplements while I'm being treated for cancer?

Talk to your healthcare team before taking any vitamins or supplements. Some medications and cancer treatments may interact with vitamins and supplements. Choose food first as the main source for nutrients.

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

Is Cancer Finally on the Ropes?
Is Cancer Finally on the Ropes?
When it comes to defeating cancer, the numbers are improving, but we have a way to go: In 1990, 33.3 people out of every 100,000 in the US populati...
What's the role of my primary care doctor after cancer treatment?
Mark A. O'Rourke, MDMark A. O'Rourke, MD
The role of the primary care physician after cancer treatment becomes one of a collaborative interfa...
What does a rehabilitation nurse do for people with cancer?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Rehabilitation nurses are always available in inpatient rehabilitation settings but often work i...
What Is Personalized Medicine in Cancer Treatment?