Can I drink alcohol while I'm being treated for cancer?

Drink alcohol in moderation, if at all, if you're being treated for cancer. Alcohol may contribute to dehydration, can lower the abilities of your immune system to fight infection and provides no beneficial nutrients.

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

4 Approaches for Treating Metastatic Breast Cancer
Also called MBC, metastatic breast cancer is cancer that initially began in the breasts, but has metastasized, meaning it has spread to other areas of...
What is an axillary lymph node dissection?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
If breast cancer spreads, it goes to the axillary, or underarm, lymph nodes first. Axillary lymph no...
Is there a cancer vaccine?
Cancer vaccines do exist. When you think of a vaccine, you think of something designed to protect yo...
DNA Economy: Using Genetic Information to Improve Health