After a person finishes cancer treatment, does life go back to normal?

Even after a person finishes cancer treatment, it’s not always happy times and life may not go back to normal. Some people have side effects from treatment, and these can make them feel less than terrific. There’s also the scary feeling that the cancer might come back. People who have finished cancer treatment should let others know how they are feeling. It's a good idea to talk to friends and family, and let them be there to help. People need to remember that they are not alone.

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

Is Cancer Finally on the Ropes?
Is Cancer Finally on the Ropes?
When it comes to defeating cancer, the numbers are improving, but we have a way to go: In 1990, 33.3 people out of every 100,000 in the US populati...
What should I do if I have nausea from cancer treatment?
If you have nausea from chemotherapy for cancer, there are several anti-nausea medications that can ...
What is an axillary lymph node dissection?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
If breast cancer spreads, it goes to the axillary, or underarm, lymph nodes first. Axillary lymph no...
How Much Control Do You Have Over Your Risk of Cancer?