How often should an ovarian cancer survivor get CT scans?

Jean A. Hurteau, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
That’s a personal decision you have to make with your physician. Some physicians will not perform CT scans unless there is a CA-125 elevation or, you have symptoms. With all the publicity about radiation and CT scans, I think most physicians have gone to doing less than more.

Continue Learning about Cancer Survivorship

Cancer Plan for a Nation of Cancer Survivors
If you’re among the 15.5 million Americans who’ve survived cancer, at some point you’ve wondered, “What’s next for me?” Living beyond this disease is ...
What is a cancer survivorship care plan?
Dr. Shelby A. Terstriep, MDDr. Shelby A. Terstriep, MD
A cancer survivorship care plan is a document that explains what kinds of long term side effects you...
How many women are cancer survivors?
Of the 11.7 million people living with cancer in 2007, 6.3 million were women. The largest group of ...
As a Cancer Survivor, How Can I Deal With My Fear of a Recurrence?