How often should an ovarian cancer survivor get CT scans?

Jean A. Hurteau, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
That’s a personal decision you have to make with your physician. Some physicians will not perform CT scans unless there is a CA-125 elevation or, you have symptoms. With all the publicity about radiation and CT scans, I think most physicians have gone to doing less than more.

Continue Learning about Cancer Survivorship

Cancer Plan for a Nation of Cancer Survivors
If you’re among the 15.5 million Americans who’ve survived cancer, at some point you’ve wondered, “What’s next for me?” Living beyond this disease is ...
When should cancer survivors consider getting life insurance?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Not everyone needs life insurance or can afford to purchase a policy -- especially if the cost is hi...
What are the emotional after effects of cancer?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Some survivors continue to have strong emotions about the cancer experience long after treatment is ...
Why Is the Amount of Cancer Survivors Increasing?