How often will I be checked for cancer recurrence?

The frequency of monitoring for recurrence will depend on the type of cancer you have, the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guideline, and your oncologist's familiarity with your particular cancer. Most people who are finished with an active treatment protocol are monitored by their oncologist in three- to six-month intervals for the first five years. Some cancers are monitored more frequently.

Continue Learning about Cancer Survivorship

Cancer Plan for a Nation of Cancer Survivors
If you’re among the 15.5 million Americans who’ve survived cancer, at some point you’ve wondered, “What’s next for me?” Living beyond this disease is ...
How can cancer affect my life later on?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Following cancer and treatment, there may be problems with practical day-to-day life activities, in ...
As a cancer survivor, how can I deal with my fear of a recurrence?
Stewart B. Fleishman, MDStewart B. Fleishman, MD
If you're a cancer survivor, it's normal to worry about the disease coming back. In this video, pall...
What Is a Cancer Survivorship Care Plan?