What are terpenes?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

The term "terpene" conjures up images of cleaning solvents. While it is true that naturally occurring terpenes are used as alternatives to synthetic terpenes in many natural cleaning products, the primary health benefits of terpenes revolve around some impressive anticancer effects, in both prevention and possibly treatment. Perillyl alcohol are the most widely tested terpenes. In animal studies, they have been shown to provide considerable benefits against a wide number of cancers. Both of these terpenes are being investigated in humans with advanced cancers; the preliminary results are encouraging.

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Cancer Prevention

Get F.I.T. to Reduce Colon Cancer Risks
Get F.I.T. to Reduce Colon Cancer Risks
Camera shots of your inner passageways are not the only way to protect you from colon cancer, there’s another early test you can take that could reduc...
How does vitamin D decrease the risk of cancer?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
Researchers began to look more deeply into vitamin D’s possible chemo-protective benefits after obse...
Can black pepper help prevent cancer?
Pepper mill may not just be a weapon against bland food. It could stop cancer cells from growing...
Can My Mind Help Me Fight Cancer?
Can My Mind Help Me Fight Cancer?