What can I find in my supermarket’s cereal section to help fight cancer?

Here is a cereal aisle pick that can prevent cancer:

• Whole grain oats. Oats have the highest proportion of soluble fiber of any grain. Fiber is rich in antioxidants, helps fight colon cancer and phenolic compounds in whole grains may help reduce the risk of certain GI cancers. Dr. Oz's picks in this aisle are cereals high in folate, fiber and/or flaxseed.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Cancer Prevention

Get F.I.T. to Reduce Colon Cancer Risks
Get F.I.T. to Reduce Colon Cancer Risks
Camera shots of your inner passageways are not the only way to protect you from colon cancer, there’s another early test you can take that could reduc...
Can I prevent germ cell cancer if I have a family history of the disease?
Scott WeissmanScott Weissman
When a very specific type of cancer like that runs in a family, there can be a genetic cause to ...
Are there foods that reduce the risk of cancer?
Chad KramerChad Kramer
A healthy diet is important to everyone, but we are learning more and more about how avoiding being ...
Does Drinking Tea Help Prevent Disease?
Does Drinking Tea Help Prevent Disease?