How do cashew nuts help fight cancer?

Cashew nuts contain proanthocyanidins, a class of flavanols that actually starve tumors and prevent cancer cells from dividing. In some studies, it’s been shown that eating 12 cashews a day can reduce your colon cancer risk.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Cancer Prevention

Get F.I.T. to Reduce Colon Cancer Risks
Get F.I.T. to Reduce Colon Cancer Risks
Camera shots of your inner passageways are not the only way to protect you from colon cancer, there’s another early test you can take that could reduc...
What foods should I avoid to decrease my risk for cancer?
Dr. Oz and Dr. Rachel Beller discuss the foods to avoid and add to one's diet to decrease the risk o...
What are some good cancer-fighting foods?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Certain compounds found in cruciferous vegetables may block the effects of cancer-causing substanc...
Add Rosemary for a Better Barbecue
Add Rosemary for a Better Barbecue