Can tomatoes help prevent cancer?

Tomatoes pack one to two times the punch against cancer because they contain both lycopene and cancer-fighting vitamin C. When cooked, these tomatoes release up to 150% of their bioavailable lycopene, the powerhouse antioxidant credited with helping prevent cancers such as prostate and cervical cancers. Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men. Several recent studies report significant reductions in prostate cancer risk in those men who consume a lot of lycopene or tomato-based products.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Cancer Prevention

How to Lower Your Cancer Risk Today
How to Lower Your Cancer Risk Today
Cancer rates around the world will skyrocket 57 percent in the next 20 years, according to a sobering new report from the World Health Organization. ...
How often should I be screened for specific cancers?
Different cancer screenings have different guidelines. For example, colon cancer screening via colon...
What should DES-exposed sons do?
DES-exposed sons should inform their physician of their exposure and be examined periodically. While...
What Kind of Diet Will Reduce My Risk for Cancer?