How can caffeinated coffee help reduce my cancer risk?

Your daily cup of joe can cut your risk for different types of cancers. The theory here is that caffeine is a catalyst in the “suicide” of cancer cells. Studies have found that drinking two cups a day can cut your risk for colon cancer by 25%; three cups can prevent certain types of breast cancer; 4 cups reduce the risk of head and neck cancer by 39%; five cups cut your brain cancer risk by 40%; and for men, six cups the risk of prostate cancer by 60%. But remember: drink coffee in moderation and with modest amounts of milk and sugar.

Continue Learning about Cancer Prevention

Get F.I.T. to Reduce Colon Cancer Risks
Get F.I.T. to Reduce Colon Cancer Risks
Camera shots of your inner passageways are not the only way to protect you from colon cancer, there’s another early test you can take that could reduc...
Can I prevent cancer by having my ovaries and fallopian tubes removed?
Scott WeissmanScott Weissman
The answer to this question primarily is yes.  However, when both ovaries and tubes are removed, the...
Are there ways to prevent cancer with diet?
Diadra L. Harnden, RDDiadra L. Harnden, RD
Certain foods, especially plant-based foods, contain nutrients that may help fight cancer. Watch as ...
Do Soy Foods Cause or Help Prevent Cancer?