Why should I do a testicular self-examination (TSE)?

During a testicular self exam, you should look for the following:
  • masses
  • increased pain
  • skin changes
  • redness
  • any irregularities
If you have any concerns, talk to your healthcare provider immediately.
Testicular cancer is treatable and highly curable when detected early. Testicular cancer is the most common cancer among men aged 15-34 and older. By checking your testicles frequently, you will be the first person to notice any changes that may take place. If you have a family history of testicular cancer, you should ask your doctor about starting your monthly self-checks and doctor visits at 15 years or even earlier. Learn how to do your self-checks now at: http://selfchec.org/main/selfchecks/cancers/testicular-cancer/ 

Continue Learning about Testicular Cancer

What is microlithiasis?
Mark S. Litwin, MDMark S. Litwin, MD
There are a number of controversies in testicular cancer. One of them surrounds the issue of what's ...
Is testicular cancer a common form of cancer?
Among men 20 to 35 years of age, testicular cancer is the most common form of cancer. Considering a ...
What is testicular cancer's five-year survival rate?
The five-year survival rate is a measure used to indicate the number of people who live five years o...
Can I still have children if I have a testicle removed?
Mark S. Litwin, MDMark S. Litwin, MD
Most men who have a testicle removed are still able to have children.  You have two testicles. The r...