What is the rate of incidence for testicular cancer?

Although only 1 out of 300 men will ever contract testicular cancer in his lifetime. Among men 20 to 35 years old, testicular cancer occurs more often than any other cancer. Death rates for testicular cancer, however, are considered very low at about 1 in 5000. The American Cancer Society predicts that about 8,400 men will develop testicular cancer, while about 380 men will die from the disease in America each year.

Continue Learning about Testicular Cancer

Can I still have children if I have a testicle removed?
Mark S. Litwin, MDMark S. Litwin, MD
Most men who have a testicle removed are still able to have children.  You have two testicles. The r...
What is testicular cancer?
Cancer is cells in your body that grow abnormally and out of control. Eventually they form a mas...
Is testicular cancer serious?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
Yes. Testicular cancer, like all cancer is serious. Still, testicular cancer is one of the most cura...
What is microlithiasis?
Mark S. Litwin, MDMark S. Litwin, MD
There are a number of controversies in testicular cancer. One of them surrounds the issue of what's ...