What is microlithiasis?

Mark S. Litwin, MD
Urology
There are a number of controversies in testicular cancer. One of them surrounds the issue of what's called microlithiasis; micro meaning "small" and litho meaning "stones." Microlithiasis occurs when miniature stones form inside the testicle. There's a lot of evidence that these are associated with cancer. But there’s also a lot of evidence that they're not associated with cancer, so no one really knows the right answer.

Continue Learning about Testicular Cancer

What is testicular cancer's five-year survival rate?
The five-year survival rate is a measure used to indicate the number of people who live five years o...
Can I still have children if I have a testicle removed?
Mark S. Litwin, MDMark S. Litwin, MD
Most men who have a testicle removed are still able to have children.  You have two testicles. The r...
Is testicular cancer serious?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
Yes. Testicular cancer, like all cancer is serious. Still, testicular cancer is one of the most cura...
What is testicular cancer?
Cancer is cells in your body that grow abnormally and out of control. Eventually they form a mas...